The Thomas D. Buckley Trust is a Private Foundation that was created by the donor, Thomas D. Buckley.
The Trust supports tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations that deal with education, religion, or community-oriented programs. The Trust funds programs mainly in the Western Panhandle of Nebraska and in extreme Northeast Colorado.
The Trustees meet monthly to review all requests.
LIMITATIONS ON GRANTMAKING
- The Trust usually will only consider grants to nonprofit, tax-exempt organization within the geographic area stated above, except for rare exceptions.
- The Trust will not award grants to individuals.
- The Trust will not provide funds to lobby legislation or influence public elections.
- The tax-exempt organization must be a sound organization and show good financial management.
- A copy of the IRS exemption letter must accompany the Application for Grant form.
- A list of the Board of Directors and/or officers needs to be included with the Application for Grant form.
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD OR DENIAL
All organizations will be notified in writing if their request was approved or denied by the Executive Director as soon after the monthly meeting as possible.
GRANT AGREEMENT AND GRANT COMPLETION REPORT
All organizations who are awarded grants will be required to sign a Grant Agreement setting forth the requirements for the grant. At the completion of their project, a Grant Completion Report will be requested to be filled out and returned. Both the Grant Agreements and the Grant Completion Reports will be kept in the grant files by the Executive Director.