- There will be ten $2,000 scholarships awarded each year to students who will be a college Sophomore, Junior, or Senior.
- Each scholarship will be paid $1,000 in the Fall Semester and $1,000 in the Spring Semester, and cannot be carried to another year. The payments will be sent directly to the school that the recipient is attending.
- Each student may reapply for the scholarship yearly, whether he/she was awarded a scholarship previously.
- The student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale.
- The student must have graduated from Creek Valley, Garden County, South Platte, Julesburg, or Revere High Schools. The student must have graduated from one of these respective schools within the preceding six (6) years.
- An essay, activities involved in, work experience, and financial need are factors that will be considered as a part of the selection process. An Educator’s Recommendation Form is also required as a part of the application, which is to be completed by a college instructor.
- The decisions made by the selection committee will be final.
- Two alternates will also be selected.
- Requests for a paper application form may be made in writing to Connie Loos, Executive Director, Thomas D. Buckley Continuing Ed Scholarship, P.O. Box 647, Chappell, NE 69129, be picked up at 749 Second Street, Chappell, Nebraska, or by calling (308) 874-2929 and personally requesting a form.
- All application forms need to be to the office of the Trust no later than May 28. Application forms received after the deadline date will not be considered.
- All applicants will be notified whether or not they were selected as a recipient.
- Each applicant may receive the scholarship for a maximum of three (3) years, but not necessarily three consecutive years.
- The scholarship money can be used for tuition, room and board, fees and books.
Educator's Recommendation Form is available at http://thomasbuckleytrust.com/educators-recommendation-form. Provide your educator this link for them to make your recommendation.